The 90s was a time when technology was starting to revolutionize the way we live our lives, but for those who grew up in that decade, there was much more to life than just gadgets and gizmos. The childhood of 90s kids was a time filled with memories that they will never forget. Let’s take a look at what made the childhood of 90s kids unforgettable.
90s kids are so blessed that they are the ones who saw the technology emerging and also the transition of technologies. We were not connected by iPads, laptops, and smartphones. Our playtime was not spent in front of playstation or Xbox or posting some irritating selfies on Facebook. Instead, summer holidays meant playing games such as hide and seek or cricket in the park. Sometimes at 2 pm on a June afternoon and sometimes at 8 pm on a chilly December night. It did make us more inventive than the smart kids today. We hadn’t had social networking sites at that time so to greet people we had to visit them. 90s kids. Here are the top unforgettable moments of the 90s.
It was the time when love birds were used to connect through letters (although pigeons were retired). There was no Facebook to help us remember birthdays or special memories. Our childhood was full of adventure like picking fruits from others’ gardens and running away.
Here are a few things which made our childhood special.
Here are the top unforgettable moments of the 90s kids
We loved only one superhero. Most of us used to think that Shaktiman is real and he will come to save us when needed. Say us superstitious but it was a good feeling. We had to wait for a week to watch Shaktiman. All families could not afford television at that time(it was called television, not tv) so kids used to gather at one house to watch their favorite superhero.
2. SACHIN-SEHWAG OPENING FOR INDIA
Whenever the two of them batted together, Viru’s aggressive strokeplay from the very beginning and Sachin,s classic drives were good to watch always. Undoubtedly we do miss the partnership between Sachin and Sehwag. It happens to be even today one of the best partnerships India has ever had.
3. Amitabh Bachchan
“Rishte mein toh hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shahenshah” “Don ko pakadna mushkil hi nahin, naamumkin hai” ” Moochein ho to Nathulal jaise warna na ho.” ” Hum jahan khade ho jaate hain, line wahi se shuru hoti hain” . These dialogues seem to be dumb but trust me no one can beat these. An angry young man with solid dialogue delivers the best Bollywood could offer us.
Loved by all religions people. Inspiration for every student. “Missile Man of India. Kalam was elected as the 11th President of India in 2002 with the support of both the ruling BJP and then opposition INC. Also known as people’s president.
5. DD NATIONAL
No NETFLIX, YouTube no online, streaming no fake news only one channel which entertained us with quality news, live cricket matches, cartoons, and serials. we used to watch one movie a week which was our best time. We had enough time to watch television and play outdoor games. We stiil remember this logo tune.
6. CHACHA CHAUDHARY
A middle-class Indian, frail but extremely intelligent old man. He solved his problems with common sense, but with a touch of humor. Chacha Chaudhary is remarkably different from most other comic-book superheroes in that he is not a muscleman, nor does he have any extraordinary powers or modern gadgets. Instead, he uses “a brain sharper than a needle and faster than a super-computer ” (Chacha Chaudhary ka dimaag computer se bhi tez chalta hai).
Here are a few other topics:
- Television Shows: The 90s was the era of some of the most iconic television shows that children grew up with. Shows such as Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Full House, Power Rangers, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Dexter’s Laboratory, and Pokemon, to name a few, captured the imaginations of kids and kept them entertained for hours.
- Video Games: The 90s was also the time when video games started to become more popular and mainstream. Classic games like Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong Country, and Street Fighter II were released during this decade and became instant favorites of kids.
- Toys: The 90s saw the introduction of many iconic toys, such as Tamagotchis, Beanie Babies, Furby, and Tickle Me Elmo, which became instant sensations among children.
- Fashion: 90s fashion was distinct and memorable, with bold colors, baggy clothes, overalls, platform shoes, and chokers being the norm. Brands like Nike, Adidas, and Reebok were popular, and fashion icons like Spice Girls influenced children’s fashion choices.
- Technology: The 90s was also a time of technological advancements, and kids were excited about new gadgets like the Gameboy, CD players, Walkman, and home computers.
Overall, the 90s was a decade of cultural and societal changes that created an unforgettable childhood experience for those who lived through it.
In conclusion, the childhood of 90s kids was a time filled with memories that they will never forget. It was a time when children could be themselves, express themselves, and have fun with their friends. From cartoons to toys to fashion, the 90s had something for everyone, and it will always hold a special place in the hearts of those who grew up during that time.